The Blue Patch Business Awards are back!
Returning for its fourth year, the awards showcase the best in sustainable and ethical businesses.
In addition to this, our editor Phillipa Smith, joins the judging panel this year.
You can view a full list of the other judges here.
The Blue Patch Business Awards are a free competition for social impact SMEs and apprentices to get their work seen.
Business owners and entrepreneurs from across the British Isles are invited to nominate themselves for one or more of the nine categories.
To list, these categories include:
- New Business Award
- New Heritage Award
- Heritage Apprentice
- Social Good Award
- Sustainable Innovation Award
- Female Business Leader Award
- Circular Economy Award
- Global Impact Award
- People’s Prize
Above all, the awards recognise high quality design, genuine, innovative and sustainable approaches to ethical business.
Entry deadline is 12pm Wednesday 24th July.
Shortlist and winners will be judged in August with the winners announced at the awards ceremony in London in October 2019.
Last year’s winners and nominees included Eco Stardust, Deakin & Blue, the Hotel School and Bird & Wild Coffee to name a few of the 40 winners and finalists.
Started in 2016, the awards purpose is to be easy to enter for time pressured start-ups and small business owners.
Rather than to be about winning money, the awards focus on winning fans and to encourage people to become more aware of their impact.
Moreover, they are free to enter – and win, thanks to the support of sponsors and patrons.
To apply for awards please visit the website and follow the hashtag #bpatchawards for updates.
Entry Rules and Criteria
- There is NO entry fee for the awards.
- Open to Blue Patch members and non-members.
- All applicants, except those for the Global Impact Award and People’s Prize should be based in the UK, and be making/manufacturing or providing a service within the British Isles.
- Applicants for the Global Impact award and People’s Prize, must be based in the UK, but may manufacture part, or all of their products abroad. For this award, however, it is important that your business be sustainable and be working to improve the communities that you work with abroad.
- You/Your business must meet the criteria for each individual award that you apply for.
- You must have an interest in sustainability.
- You can enter for multiple awards.
- We must have your completed application plus named photographs by 12 PM on Wednesday the 24th of July.
Entering for an award does not automatically award you membership of Blue Patch. If you wish to become a member, you will have to meet the membership criteria. For more information on Blue Patch membership and benefits, click here.