Vegan pancakes are made easy as Queen of indulgence, Mummy Meagz, teams up with Squeaky Bean to create *probably* the best recipe you’ll try all year.
It even includes creme eggs!
Unless you have been hiding under a rock, you can’t have missed the best thing to hit the vegan scene since KFC’s zero chicken burger – aka the Chuckie Egg.
Created by Mummy Meagz , the Chuckie Egg is the vegan version of the classic creme egg. And now, in the perfect partnership with Squeaky Bean, the plant-based food brand responsible for fluffy American pancakes, they have created the ultimate recipe to celebrate Pancake Day.
Taking less than two minutes to make and promising to shake up Shrove Tuesday, these vegan pancakes will put the original dairy versions to shame.
Meagan Boyle, co-founder of Mummy Meagz, says: “There is no reason why vegans should have to miss out on the tastiest celebrations in the calendar due to their ethical principles. My mission is to ensure those following a plant-based diet can still indulge in treats. We love seeing new creations made with our Chuckie Eggs and these Squeaky Bean pancake stacks could be one of our best collaborations to date.”
So, without further ado, here’s how to make these tasty vegan pancakes:
Vegan Pancakes – With Crème Egg
Ingredients (serves two):
- 2 packs of Squeaky Bean Vegan Fluffy American Pancakes
- 4 Mummy Meagz Chuckie Eggs (or extra if you’re feeling adventurous)
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1 dessert spoon icing sugar (for dusting)
- Remove Squeaky Bean pancakes from their packaging, stack on a plate, and heat on full power for 25 seconds in an 800W microwave (all microwaves vary, so use this as a guide)
- Remove the foil from two of the Mummy Meagz Chuckie eggs, chop into small pieces, place in a bowl, and heat in a microwave for 45 seconds, or until melted.
- While the Chuckie Eggs are melting, scoop two balls of ice cream and place on the top of the Squeaky Bean pancake stack
- Stir three tablespoons of maple syrup into the melted Chuckie Eggs gently with a heat-proof spoon and drizzle over the top and sides of the ice cream and Squeaky Bean® pancake stack
- Remove the foil from the remaining two Chuckie Eggs, carefully cut lengthways in half, and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds
- Using a heatproof spoon, place these between the ice cream scoops, and finish by dusting icing sugar over top of the stack with a sieve
- Tuck into your tasty pancake stack!